Q. Can Salesforce Sales cloud do B2B ABS(Account based Sales)?
Traditional: Lead -> Contact -> Customer
ABS: Account -> Contact -> Lead -> Customer
"Customer" here refers to Salesforce "Contact" record with some extra attributes
Two options that I have seen/heard
1. Add Account look-up on Lead
Then configure-customize to automate and streamline ABS management and reports
+ It ensures web2lead, email2lead, Marketing integration, MQL, Call center console etc. work well
- Custom stuff for dashboards and automation
∙ Works for Complex account hierarchy and visibility
∙ BDR/AE hand offs are less affected
∙ Most stuff is still based on lead conversion.
2. Dump the Lead object completely
Create Target Accounts and have Contacts with different record types. Run everything on Account/Contact
+ Account-centric rollup from a logical ABS perspective
- Can cause data quality issues - as all MQL/SQL is an Account/Contact
- All standard lead related functionality/integration is less useful
∙ Works for simple Account models & visibility
∙ More data, process and technicaldebt
∙ Brittle solution as all changes are on Account/Contact
How have you addressed it?